I possesses expertise in a diverse range of legal matters, with a focus on criminal defense and civil litigation. I have defended clients in criminal matters, represented injured people in personal injury actions (no fault auto and premises liability) and represented healthcare providers and hospitals in an array of litigation and compliance matters, including licensure matters, third party payor audit defense, and billing, corporate, commercial and contract litigation.
I am a graduate of Michigan State University with a Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science, and received my Juris Doctor at Wayne State Law School where I received the Barris Scholarship for Trial Advocacy and was selected to represent the school in national competitions for both the Moot Court and Mock Trial teams.
Publications and Presentations
- “Michigan No-Fault and Medical Billing,” Michigan Medical Biller’s Association Meeting, June 3, 2015
- “Michigan No-Fault and Medical Billing,” Oakland County Medical Society Group Managers’ Meeting, May 6, 2015
- “OIG 2014 Work Plan: Continued Imaging Compliance Focus”, by Dresevic A and Toutant, PB, AHRA Link, March, 2014
- “CMS Issues Guidance in Case of EHR Incentive Audit”, by Dresevic A, Kalmowitz, CF and Toutant, PB, AHRA Link, May, 2013
“The Case for Attorney-Conducted Voir Dire”, by McKeen BJ & Toutant PB, 90 Mich BJ 30 (2011)
- Michigan Super Lawyers Rising Stars; 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished Rating
- State Bar of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Claims