Personal injuries are not always physical. Sometimes they include emotional, psychological, and reputation damages. Regardless of the type of injury you suffer, the attorneys at Numinen, DeForge & Toutant, PC have the knowledge, experience, and resources to maximize our clients’ claims. They successfully litigate cases involving wrongful death, serious personal injury, automobile accidents, and civil rights violations. In 2014, two of our attorneys were named in Michigan Lawyer’s Weekly annual Largest Verdicts & Settlements list for settlements over One Million Dollars.
Personal Injuries Are Painful Enough
When you get seriously injured, your entire life is affected. But the damages aren’t always limited to the pain you suffer. When legitimate claims are denied by insurance companies who refuse to pay, you need aggressive legal representation to protect your rights. A few recent examples of claims we have settled on behalf of our clients include those listed below. In every one of these cases the insurance company refused to pay until the attorneys of Numinen, DeForge & Toutant, PC took the case.
Some of Our Personal Injury Victories Include
- Million Dollar Financial Settlement for our client whose father was killed in a motorcycle accident.
- Financial Settlement for our client after the police broke into his home and illegally “seized” his snowmobile.
- Financial Settlement for our client after the police drug team kicked down his door and conducted an illegal search of his home.
- Financial Settlement for our client, a 54-year-old nurse, who was wrongfully terminated on the basis of age discrimination.
- Financial Settlement for our client whose husband was killed as a passenger in an automobile accident.
- Financial Settlement for our client, an elderly woman, who tripped and fell at a supermarket and suffered serious damage to her knee.
- Financial Settlement for our client, a prominent businessman, who was defamed by an officer of his condo association.
- Defense Victory on behalf of our client, an elected official, who was sued for defamation by an attorney. To read the Court of Appeals opinion, click: Defamation Defense
- Financial Settlement for our client, a high school student who was physically assaulted by his coach during a football practice. This case was aggressively litigated by the defense and we fought all the way through the Court of Appeals and won, ultimately obtaining a very favorable financial settlement to compensate for our client’s injuries. To read the Court of Appeals opinion, click: Coach Injures Player
Types of Personal Injury Cases Handled
- Wrongful Death
- Sexual Harassment Claims
- Medical Malpractice / Birth Trauma
- Civil Rights Claims
- Police Brutality Claims
- Automobile Accidents
- Serious Personal Injuries
- Defamation Claims